Last Gun 1.2
We’re doing the final touches on version 1.2, which is a major update with a new gun and lots of other new content, including a special fighter…
We’re aiming to submit for certification this week and roll it out the following week.
Hope you all had a good Easter break!
We have a forum now! If you have any Suggestions, need Support, would like to see Update Info or just General Discussions, post and we’ll respond ASAP.
Last Gun Featured around the World!
Microsoft has featured Last Gun around the World!
Including, US, Australia, France, India, Canada, Japan and China.
The Giant Machine thanks all the gamers out there who are playing Last Gun, and also Microsoft & the Windows team for their tremendous support!
Need support? Please read…
If you have any technical issue, e.g game doesn’t load, crashes, input errors etc… we much prefer if you contact us via the new forum or directly at support (at) thegiantmachine.com.
We want to resolve all issues within our control and make the game the best it can possibly be. It’s much easier to do so if we can communicate with you directly. Writing a one line review, “It doesn’t work, fix it!” is very difficult for us to resolve.
We will get back to you promptly and will try vigorously to resolve any problem.
Thank you to those of you have contacted us with any issues, for playing Last Gun and helping us make it better!
P.S Letting us know the game runs superbly on a specific Windows 8 device is also helpful for us.
Meet The Giant Machine team
The Giant Machine is currently a team of 3 Dudes. Find out a little about us here…
If you’re on Twitter you can follow our world changing tweets…
Last Gun Game & Watch Edition…
Not really…but this would be insanely awesome. (For those of you that remember these of course.)
What are we working on?
We’ve got a small update being submitted for certification Saturday night. (‘Cause that’s how we party!).
- Trial – Survival mode will now be playable instead.
- Trial – More free games.
- Easier Casual & Normal mode.
We’re currently working on the next updates which add some very cool things, including…
- A new free gun, the Shredder! This gun kicks serious ass! You’re gonna love it.
- Dark fighters playable when you complete Survival mode.
- Interactive tutorial.
- New sounds.
- Armory – Fighter & Weapon information. Similar to the one in Last Gun X on Windows Phone 8.
- A new stats screen with more information and better layout.
- + some surprises…
If you have any suggestions or feedback please send us a comment.
Last Gun for VAIO!
Sony has added Last Gun to the ‘VAIO Picks’ section in the Windows 8 store. If you own a VAIO device, download the game and have a play with the 3 bonus weapons… N.E.O, T.O.R & A.R.C!
LAST GUN X for Windows Phone 8 is out!
We’ve got another big announcement… Last Gun X is available now for Windows Phone 8 devices! Get it here.
This is really exciting for us, we love the mobile version of Last Gun. We spent a lot of time creating the best experience for all mobile devices and we’re looking forward to seeing what you think.
What’s different in Last Gun X from the Windows 8 version?
- We’ve added 2 different control schemes for you to choose from and additional options for the interface.
- Dual Touch Bar controls – A modified version of the tablet touch controls that work perfectly with two thumbs.
- Accelerometer & Touch bar – Tilt the phone to move your opponent, and use the touch bar to shoot. Allows for both 1 and 2 hand play.
- Other options include, tap and/or swipe to throw grenade, show/hide interface and vibration on/off.
- Graphically, we’ve increased the scale of fighters and weapons for the smaller screen.
- We’ve added an armory section with in-depth fighter and weapon information.
- You can now swipe to switch fighters in selection screen.
- Detailed statistics
- and more optimization and polish.
Last Gun X is just a ton of fun on your mobile. We also have some awesome updates coming over the next weeks which we’re sure you’ll enjoy!
Polygon.com interviews The Giant Machine…
Fantastic game site Polygon.com has posted an interview with The Giant Machine. Journalist, Tracey Lien @traceylien interviewed us recently and wrote about The Giant Machine, Last Gun and also premiered the Trailer.
A snippet below, click HERE to read the entire article.
Gaming on tablets and mobile devices has long been associated with light, casual experiences. Saccharine puzzle games and bite-sized physics-based platformers tend to be what come to mind when the word mobile is mentioned. Sydney-based studio The Giant Machine hopes to change that.
The Australian team which consists of designer Dimitri Kanis, programmer Christian Le Gall and business developer Philip Kanis is among the first to have a game published on the Windows 8 platform. When Microsoft recently launched its newest operating system, The Giant Machine’s Last Gun was one of the first titles revealed. It’s a game that’s compatible with and optimized for all Windows 8 devices — it runs on PC, tablets and, in the coming days, it’ll make its debut on Windows phones. The studio is hoping its top-down deathmatch game will fill a gap in the market for more hardcore experiences on mobile and tablets.